Adidas has decided to debut a new ad campaign where ten up-and-coming stars for different clubs all across the world are endorsed by Messi and given a pair of the new Messi 15.1 white and blue boots.
Each player is tasked with recording video documentary style footage of their progress throughout the season so that fans can keep tabs on the young stars.
Here is the introductory video for the campaign:
The campaign comes as a celebration for Lionel Messi’s 2015 which saw the Argentinian wunderkind record his second treble, among his list of other accolades. Adidas has gone all out, making Messi the first player with a name brand pair of cleats through the company.
The ten players are:
- Maxwell Cornet (Lyon, French)
- James Wilson (Manchester United, English)
- Gyasi Zardes (LA Galaxy, American)
- Jeremie Boga (Rennes [on loan from Chelsea FC], French)
- Timo Werner (VFB Stuttgart, German)
- Aleksey Miranchuk (Lokomotiv Moscow, Russian)
- Accursio Bentivegna (Como [on loan from Palermo], Italian)
- Rony Lopes (AS Monaco FC, Portuguese)
- Khiry Shelton (New York City FC, American)
- Robert Kenedy (Chelsea FC, Brazilian)
The first episode of the series is up and posted for those who want to follow these bright young stars endorsed by Adidas and Messi.