Given our inventory of the latest that Reusch has to offer we thought it would be in the best interest of our customers to lay out some of the finer points of goalkeeper glove care as provided by Reusch:
Step one for everyone: Reusch recommends that you rinse the palms of the gloves before first using them to eliminate any soapy remains that were necessary in the production process.
Gloves with AquaPalm technology: Rinse your gloves with warm water (approximately 90 degrees Fahrenheit) one to two hours before the game to activate the hydrograin thermogranulates for the most optimum grip.
All G1 palms/Soft Ground palms: Dampen gloves directly before kick-off (think a squeeze from your water bottle) for the optimal grip throughout the game.
- Dirt decreases the effectiveness of latex palms, therefore gloves should be washed regularly in warm water (don’t exceed 100 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Reusch recommends their patented ‘Reusch Glove Wash’ or a dime-sized amount of general soap.
- Try not to over-saturate the gloves (Ex: don’t submerge them in water), but instead use a sponge or washcloth to gently remove dirt before
- Dry the gloves slowly! Do NOT place them near radiators or other sources of direct heat. This causes them to dry from the outside in which can age the latex and leave it cracked.
- Don’t leave your gloves out in the sun either! UV Light breaks down latex causing it to become stiff, porous, and brittle. Avoid intense sunlight or fluorescent bulbs.
- Stuffing your gloves with newspaper and letting them sit out of your bag overnight is the safest and most effective way of drying your gloves.
General Info: The softer the micro fine latex foams, the greater the grip, but also the wear from rubbing. However, the functioning properties will remain until the palm is totally worn out.
These instructions can be found on the inside packaging of any purchase of Reusch goalkeeper gloves. Check out our inventory of the shocking orange, green gecko, and electric blue colorways for a style that matches your game.
Check out our other tips for maintaining your gear with the following links or our product news, advice, and preview space: The Breakaway: