With Rio 2016 nearly upon us we wanted to remind people of the dominating nature of U.S. Women’s National Team and the overwhelming likelihood of them hoisting a fifth, you read that right, FIFTH gold medal by the end of the tournament:
- The Women’s National Team has won the gold medal in the last three Olympic games. Winning 2004, 2008, 2012. Their first gold medal came in 1996 with legendary Mia Hamm.
- Just won the Women’s world cup in 2015. Scoring 14 goals in all competitions to their opponents 3. That defensive line-up is the same for Rio 2016.
- Winning percentage for 2015: 77%, the highest for any women’s team that year.
- Carli Lloyd and Alex Morgan have scored over 150 goals combined, and capped the squad over 300 times. Expect them to play a major role in this tournament, including goals like this one.
- Across the last three Olympic competitions the Women’s Team has scored 40 combined goals to their opponents 15.
The hype is to be believed. The Rio stage is set for a another US Women’s National team victory and Nike is in charge of making sure they look good doing it.
First they released a new USA 2016 jersey featuring the blue stripe side vent material and shoulder stripes that dazzle like stars under the lights.
Classic Nike dri-fit material with a no-bunch up collar and heat-pressed USA graphic on the left chest. Go the extra mile and get yours customized with name sets for Alex Morgan, Carli Lloyd, Megan Rapinoe and the list goes on!
Nike didn’t stop at the jerseys though, releasing entire new patriotic colorways on some of their most popular women’s shoes (even though we know they’re unisex these days which means more options for everyone!).
We’re proud to be suppliers of official Nike Women’s National Team gear and we want to outfit you for the 2016 Rio games as the women’s team chases down their fifth gold metal. Grab your red, white, and blue and root, root, root, for the home team at www.soccercorner.com
Let us know how pumped you are to see the ladies back in action in the comment section! We want to hear about your love for this amazing team!